[kubuntu-users] Re: KDE 3.5.6 released w Kubuntu packages

Vayu vayu at sklinks.com
Sat Jan 27 08:25:29 UTC 2007

John L Fjellstad wrote:
> Vayu <vayu at sklinks.com> writes:
>

>> I desire not to upgrade my whole system which takes me through many
>> time consuming issues, but I would like to have available individual
>> upgrades that do not affect my entire system all at once (if that
>> makes sense).
>>

> How would upgrading KDE (a desktop environment) not affect the whole
> system?

Things can go wrong, I lost my screen saver and had automount problems
upgrading KDE on my Dapper system (both of which I fairly easily found
how to fix), but I unrecoverably broke two other systems trying to go
from Dapper to Edgy.

Upgrading the DE has not been monumental for me, whereas upgrading the
whole distro has. I've done both several times. While one persons
experience is not conclusive, I doubt that mine is a unique experience.