Cannot burn DVD with k3b

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Jan 23 17:36:39 UTC 2007

Robert Parker wrote:

> I agree. The reason I avoid K3b is that it takes much more time to learn
> and to use than a simple command.

That's simply insupportable.  If we KNEW how to get growisofs to accept
UTF-8 filenames, we'd be able to get K3B to do it.  The problem is that we
don't know the right command for growisofs.  K3b takes no time at all to
learn, growisofs certainly does. Growisofs is _very_ far from a simple
command - especially if you don't want to just copy an entire directory
tree.

> My original point was just that K3b has
> created an enormous amount of traffic on this and other lists while folks
> learn how to use it.

It hasn't.  And since almost all of the posts here have been for cdrecord
permissions problems, they'd all have been unnecessary anyway if the
posters had googled first.
--
derek