Cannot burn DVD with k3b

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 11:33:12 UTC 2007

On 1/23/07, Bry Paula Melvin <brymelvin at melvinart.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 18:13 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> SNI{{P
> > It's not even a matter of preference. My wife, for instance cannot
> > learn to do that.
> >
> SNIP
>
> I'll get spammed by the purists...again...as ususal... but this is the
> point where It would be nice for some and politically incorrect to
> mention that SOME people (actually the majority) want to USE a computer
> as they would any other tool or appliance...NOT invest time in learning
> command line functions.

I agree. The reason I avoid K3b is that it takes much more time to learn and
to use than a simple command. My original point was just that K3b has
created an enormous amount of traffic on this and other lists while folks
learn how to use it. I am not simply a CLI junky, eg I have no time for Lynx
on the internet rather than Firefox. More horses for courses, and K3b just
wastes too much time.

Bob