hibernate works but suspend does not

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 07:35:00 UTC 2007

golfer wrote:
> I have an E1505 dell inspiron and am running 6.10.  For me, hibernate
> works, but suspend won't come back.  After selecting suspend, the
> system goes into a near shutdown state (but not completely down as in
> hibernate).  When I hit the start button, nothing happens (in
> hibernate, it boots up).  I have to hold the power button down and
> kill it, then restart the laptop.  When it boots, it does the full
> boot, not the quick boot like restarting from hibernate.
>
> I see some others having problems also, but no solutions.
Strange, I have the opposite problem with the same PC (named 6400 in my
part of the world). But I know it is cause I messed up the
swap-partition to be too small for hibernate.

One thread on ubuntuforums I have often checked for problems;
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=257684&highlight=inspiron+6400

I did a clean Edgy install btw. but still found lots on that thread to
help me out.

Sinclair