having problems with automount dapper

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Jan 20 18:27:19 UTC 2007

Oscar Farfán wrote:

> Hello there
>
> I'm having some problems reading my cd's.
>
> The thing is that when I insert the cdrom... it starts running and even
> gave me the dialog box asking what I want to do, it opens in konqueror
> the disk, but it doesn't show any files, then I press F5 and show the
> files....

Is your cdrom listed in /etc/fstab?  Comment it out, and see what happens.
When I first did a fresh install of edgy just before Christmas,
automounting was working.  For some reason it stopped.  I didn't like the
look of the entry in fstab, so commented it out and voila!  Surprisingly,
it started showing up after automounting as /dev/dvdrecorder instead
of /dev/cdrom, but who cares?  :-)
--
derek