Upgrade to Fiesty

Ron Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Wed Jan 17 15:36:32 UTC 2007

I did it just before Herd 1...it mostly worked, but I ended up saving
personal data and wiping/reinstalling from the Herd 1 CD when it
became available because I was having a host of niggling little
problems.  Things were much better after the CD install, and I've
been on apt-get dist-upgrade since (Adept updater is currently
broken). All this on vanilla Intel hardware with the x86-generic
kernel.

In fact, Feisty is at a really interesting stage of development right
now and there is _a lot_ of brokenness to savor and enjoy. One of the
main things going in right now is the migration to Python 2.5 and
that means a lot of redoing KDE and KDE applications. Also, things
like Open Office were killed for awhile, but I think that one's been
sorted.

Today's update has a new flashplayer non-free package that totally and
absolutely killed Firefox on one of my machines but not the other, so
I'm still working on that one.

Ron Morse.