Running Gnome app across the LAN from Windows

Mike Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Tue Jan 16 14:55:32 UTC 2007

Michel Daggelinckx (03taxi at gmail.com) had this to say on 01/16/07 at 00:09:

> http://x.cygwin.com/

Since we already use UltraVNC to control Windows boxes, it's easier to just
install one copy of VNC on the Ubuntu box, than go through a complicated
configuration of x.cygwin on multiple windows boxes, which I didn't want to
do (and x.cygwin doesn't look to have been updated in well over a year,
anyway - "We are currently searching for a new maintainer and developers.
2005-08-23" ).

VNC is not ideal, but it gets the job done quickly, and since
the Gnome app will be intermittently used, an easier solution, I think.

Thanks for the suggestions, tho. I'll see how well things work out.