Browsing the web in Konqueror

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at
Sun Jan 14 16:18:36 GMT 2007

On 14/01/07, Donn <donn.ingle at> wrote:
> Hey Dotan - you gonna owe me a beer for this:
> Go into kcontrol and setup Kate as the second in the list of applications
> associated with .html files.
> Make sure Konqueror is first in the list.
> Now the magic:
> Middle click to open in Kate
> Left d-click to open in Konqy.
> :D
> This is on a virgin (as far as mime types go) Kubuntu Dapper install with only
> my having added kate (well, kedit) to that list.
> /d

You said the magic word. You find yourself in Haifa, first beer's on
me! 054-788-1700

Either way, it's no-go on my machine. I've got Konqi as the first
choice and Firefox as the second, and both left- and middle- clicking
leaves me with the pages opening in Konqi. The only difference is that
middle clicking opens in a new window.

Beer still available, though!

Dotan Cohen