Suggest to disable artsd by default

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 28 20:48:59 UTC 2007

Well, I just have an old ISA PNP sound card on the motherboard.
As I describe in unrelated bug #51965.

If my view of the problem is right, EVERYBODY who goes
in System Settings/Sound System, then clicks on 'Defaults'
in the bottom, then unmark 'Auto-suspend if idle after:', then
click Apply, will begin to have amarok not working, and kaffeine
begin not playing sound.

My opinion, is that using 'Auto-suspend if idle after:' feature,
just place people between the 'catastrophic behaviour' of artsd
running, and the free of problems of not having artsd running.

Now, if there is someone that have no problem after unmarking
'Auto-suspend if idle after:' option, then my mental model of
the problem need to be fixed.