Suggest to disable artsd by default

Man-Chicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Wed Feb 28 13:42:50 UTC 2007

I suspect that this may be an issue with your specific sound set up.  I've
heard that people who have hardware mixers do things differently than the
normal ALSA+artsd, but for folks like me who don't have the high-end sound
cards the ALSA+artsd setup works every time (except with the ATIIXP drivers
that lock up a lot, but that's another story and feisty seems to have fixed
it).

I think this problem will prove to be much more complicated than just
disabling artsd by default.

--
~ Man-Chicken <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.