Installing Kubuntu on an XP machine

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Feb 25 05:41:46 UTC 2007

On Saturday 24 February 2007 10:16 pm, Arthur Dyck wrote:
> program like GParted to create my disk partitions; others say that the
> Kubuntu install disk will do that itself.  Which is correct?

The Kubuntu install will let you use QTParted if you have some custom
partitioning issue not handled by the defaults.  I think the click the button
and go first choice is a default that will shrink Windows and install Kubuntu
on one partition on whatever % of the disk you want.  But I haven't fooled
with it in a bit, and maybe I partitioned by hand.

I did install Kubuntu on an XP box without incident, but I can't remember
exactly what I did, and I know a lot about disk partitioning, and exactly
what I want to do, which makes things inconsequential to me which might be
mind boggling to a newbie.
--
D. Michael McIntyre