Problems with video output

Ronal B Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Sun Feb 18 03:16:13 UTC 2007

I'm playing with the Feisty pre-releases.  The ATI fglrx 8.33.6 driver
and control panel showed up in repository roughly coincident with the
push of the 2.6.20-8 kernel and associated files.  The expectation is
now that X-Org 7.2 has been released it will follow shortly.

The fglrx drivers still do not support composit rendering, but I have to
say that installing the 8.33.06 driver set from repository resulted in
a flawless install that has been no trouble at all.

I believe there is a slight performance improvement, but the real
advance has been in the robustness of the video subsystem. X simply
doesn't crash.

Ron Morse