compiz-kde on Feisty

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 19:45:07 UTC 2007

Hello,

In my never-ending quest to make 3D work with KDE (like I had with
Fedora) I've come back to Kubuntu ('cause RPMs suck, and Gnome sucks
worse).

So, I've gotten a little bit closer to getting 3D to work.  I found
that by installing desktop-effects that I could get kwin to die and
then compiz would start using the gnome window decorator.  That was
cool and all, but it broke Java (only eclipse worked b/c its SWT
framework renders using local widgets, but MY apps didn't for some
weird reason) so I killed it.  I believe that if I can get compiz-kde
to take over and use kwin like it used gnome's window decorator that
all the problems will go away.

Does anyone know how to do what the "desktop effects" button did, only
tweaking it for KDE?

--
It's not much, but it's what I call 127.0.0.1