LCD Monitor recommendations

stew.schneider stew.schneider at
Mon Feb 12 04:16:41 GMT 2007

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> 	.kde/share/config/kcmrandrrc
> ?
> I don't see anything else that looks remotely likely. I agree there's no ~/.x*
> or ~/.X* here, and this is the only thing in ~/.kde that looks like it could
> have any bearing.  Mine says:
> [Display]
> ApplyOnStartup=false
> SyncTrayApp=true
> [Screen0]
> height=1024
> reflectX=false
> reflectY=false
> refresh=75
> rotation=0
> width=1280
> If your ApplyOnStartup isn't false, that could be it for sure.
> And if none of the above applies, I guess I'm out of ideas.
Neither the account I'm on now nor the "troubled" account had this file.
I did find it in a backup, and put it in the directory where yours was
found. The only difference between the two was that mine said

I switched it to true and switched users, starting a new session. No
good -- the screen blacks.

Wow! This is not an easy nut to crack. I do appreciate the help.