Not enthused with the convergence of the live and install CDs

Phil Bieber philbieber at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 17:45:14 UTC 2007

On 2/11/07, Brian Lunergan <brianlunergan at gmail.com> wrote:

> MKR wrote:
> > Click "Other install options" on the download page, and select the
> > alternate install CD.
> >
> > On 2/11/07, Brian Lunergan <brianlunergan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Flat out. Is there a way to get the cd to behave like the previous
> style of
> >> install disk? The apparent defaults for the 'graphic' approach
> obviously clash
> >> with my hardware. The help option does detail the command line options
> available
> >> although live and memtest are the only choices for start. No install
> choice is
> >> given that I could see. I really want to give kubuntu a fair trial but
> >> convergence of the two disks is making that difficult. If a solution is
> not
> >> possible I will go back to the older ubuntu version (it, at least,
> installs
> >> comfortably and sees my usb gear) or seek out another distro to try out
> that
> >> uses the kde desktop.
>
> Interesting. Is this alternate disk available any other way than download?
> I use
> dialup at home so downloading one of those .iso files is not really an
> option.
> Perhaps another Canuck on the list who does have high speed service would
> be
> willing to grab it and prep a copy, sending it on to me COD so I can
> reimburse
> for 'services rendered'?
>
> --
> Brian Lunergan
> Nepean, Ontario
> Canada

You should add where you live, cuz this might limit the willingness ;-)

Normally I would have suggested Shippit, but they only ship the "Normal" CD
and not the DVD which has the "Alternate Mode", too.

Cheers

Philipp Bieber

--
"God did not intend religion to be an exercise club."
- Naguib Mahfouz -

(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.

vi - Editor of the Beast