Problems installing Kubuntu Edgy

Darkholme angeldarkholme at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 08:09:10 UTC 2007

Hi:

Im trying to install kubuntu Edgy on a laptop PC with the following
characteristics:

XPS M1710, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200 (2GHz/667MHz/4MB)
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 677MHZ,2 DIMM
512MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX
80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Integrated 10/100/1000 NetworkCard and Modem
8X DVD+/-RW Drive
SoundBlaster Advanced Audio
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)

But no matter what I try, the computer is not starting the setup of Kubuntu
Edgy.
I have tried with other distros like Ubuntu 5.10 and the installation is ok.

The problem is not the cd because it is running ok in other machines.

Somebody told me that maybe the problem is that my computer is not
recognizing "iso linux" so he told me that i need to create
a boot 3 1/2 disc to fix it......but the computer doesn't have 3 1/2 Disc!!!

Any ideas of how can I install edgy in this machine?

Thanks!

--
Gerardo PĂ©rez Ocampo
375941