LCD Monitor recommendations

Vayu vayu at sklinks.com
Thu Feb 8 03:46:00 UTC 2007

J. Stewart Schneider wrote:

> On 2/7/07, *Vayu* <vayu at sklinks.com <mailto:vayu at sklinks.com>> wrote:
>

>     Get an nVidia 6200 video card for $50.  Then set up xorg the right
>     way.
>     I've got three machines with 1680x1050 working very well.
>

> I'm a hardware idiot. A guy's offering me a nVidia GeForce 7300 GS,
> 256MB DDR2 PCI Express, though. Any experience with it and Kubuntu?
>
>     --

That's a lot more card than the 6200.  I'm pretty sure nVidia uses the
same drivers for all cards from a certain point on, so it's probably
perfect.  You might want to search on the forums first though, because
sometimes the newer cards have issues with the older drivers.  I've been
using a 6200 and two 6600 GTs very successfully through several versions
of nVidia drivers from Hoary, Breezy and Dapper.  They all have let me
have 3D rendering and custom monitor resolution.

Also take heed of another post on this thread and use a DVI output on
the card and a DVI input on the monitor.  Analog tends to have ghosting
on LCD monitors.  The card you mentioned should have DVI output.