More on openoffice

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Fri Dec 28 17:33:06 UTC 2007

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:24:50 -0800
"Richard S. Crawford" <rscrawford at mossroot.com> wrote:

> On Friday 28 December 2007 09:04:55 Neil Winchurst wrote:
>
> > Well, I would like to try it out. I have it installed but I cannot get
> > the default font to change from Times NR to any other one at all
> > almost. (I hate TNR). And yes I have followed the instructions in the
> > help file very carefully. Until I can get that sorted Abiword is  out
> > for me.
>
> Neil,
>
> Have you tried deleting the .openoffice.org2 directory from your home
> directory, then reinstalling OpenOffice.org?
>
> And just because I'm persnickiety, you should note that the official name of
> the suite is OpenOffice.org, complete with the .org at the end.
>

> --
> Richard S. Crawford
> Editor-in-chief, Daikaijuzine (http://www.daikaijuzine.com)
> Personal website: http://www.mossroot.com
I am sorry, perhaps I did not make it clear, it is Abiword that I am
trying to use. Open Office is working fine for me. I have tried
everything that I can think of, but I cannot stop Abiword from opening
every new file with Times Roman as the font. Yes, I know that I can
change that every time. but I ought to be able to change the default by
carefully following the help instructions. No way, just can't do it.
Until I do, I will not use Abiword at all.

Neil