fsck progress bar not showing up for certain drives

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz74.orangehome.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 17:14:10 UTC 2007

I've got 2 computers here both running 7.10 and a PATA 80GB drive with
partitions for '/' '/boot' and swap, for '/home' one of them has a 500GB SATA
and the other a 200GB PATA and all are ext3 partitions.

If during boot fsck decides it needs to run a check for any partition on the
80GB I get a progress bar, but on the other 2 drives I get nothing. When I
first came across it, I thought the computer had hung, but I know what's
going on now.

I would like to have a progress bar appear for the 2 big drives, how do I do
it?