Thunderbird fires off MANY tabs in Firefox

Kelly L. Fulks kfulks at knology.net
Sat Dec 8 01:39:01 UTC 2007

Douglas Phillipson wrote:
> When reading some emails in Thunderbird, Firefox fires up and loads
> dozens of tabs with small pictures, that are present in the selected
> email.  This is quite annoying and I can't seem to figure out how to
> stop it.  Any suggestions?
>
> Doug P

I see this on occasion with https, but not with http links.  Upon
investigation I discovered that network.protocol-handler.external.https
was set to "true".  If it is set to false, then this doesn't happen.  I
also noticed that a couple of my extensions tried to open their update
location in firefox when this was set to true.  Unfortunately, if it is
set to "false", I can't click on an https link that is included in an
email and have it open in firefox either.

I haven't found a complete solution, but at least I know what to change
when to do what I need to do properly.  Actually, I usually just copy
and paste the few https links that I get in email that I really want to see.

--
Kelly L. Fulks
Home Account