Wrong wine install on feisty amd64?

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Mon Aug 13 19:23:43 UTC 2007

Hi:
Using Feisty Fawn (7.04) amd64

Somehow, I've got 32-bit wine installed despite the instructions at:
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

I tried all of synaptic, aptitude and apt-get with the same results:
file /usr/bin/wine
/usr/bin/wine: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

and get these results if I try to run wine or winecfg:

/usr/bin/wine: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot handle
TLS data

Any ideas? Have I misread the instructions?
Thanks
Tim