Sharing my new drive

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Apr 29 04:41:41 UTC 2007

"Huston" <shuston at ohiohills.com> writes:

> Okay.  I have my drive mounted and I have it shared to the rest
> network.  I can't get it so people write to it.  I can't even write to
> it logged into that box..... What little config setting am I missing?

Well, you probably have the wrong permissions somewhere:
 * in the filesystem itself
 * in the mount process for the filesystem on the server
 * in the file sharing server software
 * in the mount process for the filesystem on the client
 * in the file sharing client software
 * in the end user software you are using

Perhaps you can tell us a little more about how you have formatted,
attached, mounted, shared and accessed the disk?  Including the exact
error messages that you are being given when you try to access it will
also help.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/