AcrobatReader: A bug or intentionally?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Apr 27 16:09:02 UTC 2007

Mark Wallace wrote:
> I've read the GNU link.  It doesn't purport to deal with licensing
> issues.

I don't know how you can say GNU doesn't deal with licensing.  Again,
see gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html ; there are many other places
where licenses are explicitly mentioned too.

  It makes a good case that, if the provider of proprietary
> software attaches so many strings that you can only get limited use
> out of a  product, that you aren't getting very much.  That would be
> hard to argue.

Yet people willingly accept these strings all the time.

> But it doesn't really attempt to define terms with regard to Acrobat
> or anything else.

No, they're not defining terms; they're explaining what's wrong with the
terms proprietary licenses like Acrobat's already define.

Matt Flaschen