What is the proper upgrade path for Ubuntu 6.10 ?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Apr 27 02:28:07 UTC 2007

David William Galea wrote:

> I have started from scratch and are now on Ubuntu 6.10 LTS.
>

> What would be the logical upgrade path? 7.04 ? or other?

That's correct.  That would be from Edgy (released October 2006) to
Feisty (released this April).  Releases are always every six months.

> I understand the naming conventions but I would like to simply update,
> not reformat. The upgrade window did not say what version it was to
> upgrade too.

It shouldn't have tried to upgrade you from Dapper to Feisty.  You may
want to file a bug on launchpad (bugs.launchpad.net); that upgrade's not
supported.  You should be fine going to Feisty from Edgy, though.

Matt Flaschen