Upgrading from 6.10 to 7.04

macariov at gmail.com macariov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 21:46:54 UTC 2007

The onmy major issue I had was my wireless card, Atheros, not recognized on install.  Now, to be fair, feisty did recognize it.  What made the difference for me was having my video recognized as basic vesa and audio not recognized at all in feisty.  Both worked in Edgy and they do now in Mandriva.  As for the wifi card, I plugged anetgear MA111, which I could never make work on any ubuntu flavor.  On mandriva it was dtected and installed.  I immediately did amanual update and then tried to detect the other, atheiros, wifi.  It came succesfully and has been working ever since.
I have not given up on Ubuntu, I do really believe it is agreat distro.  I am installing a second hdd with 250gb capacity and will install edgy 64.  I will continue to doble boot mandriva/edgy until such time feisty 64 gets stable,