Contents of Kubuntu DVD Iso

Felipe Figueiredo philsf at ufrj.br
Wed Apr 25 15:45:54 UTC 2007

On Sunday 22 April 2007 15:40:05 Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Felipe Figueiredo wrote:
>
> > Are the packages' versions in universe and multiverse frozen, like the
> > supported ones
>
> These aren't really frozen.  Feature updates will be made, especially to
> non-LTS releases.

Ok, just so I get this clear once and for all. The updates you are talking
about are in, say, edgy-updates, or in edgy's main and restricted reps? If it
was the former, then the main and restricted would be 'frozen' as I initially
suspected, right? (I here acknowledge the fact that security updates don't
change versions).

Also, you are not talking about backports, right?

> > , or since they are "community supported" get updated by
> > particular maintainers as new versions become available (and as their
> > availability permit)?
>
> No, both will be updated, but as you seem to recognize, universe and
> multiverse have no guarantees.  Serious bugs may go unpatched.

Sure, but then again, if they are not 'frozen', they would be updated from
upstream more frequently (ok, actually from debian's testing or sid, but
still). Like backports (which AFAIK only make sense for supported packages).

I am concluding that main and restricted are frozen, and uni,multiverse are
not. Is this correct?

regards
FF