upgrade from "64 bit kubuntu" to" i386 normal pc"

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 18:03:18 UTC 2007

On Sunday 15 April 2007 12:21:48 pm Guardian wrote:
> is it possible to upgrade my "64bit kubuntu edgy system" to "i386 normal pc
> kubuntu edgy (or fiesty) system"
>
> is it eneough to type /etc/sources.list, and how? Or I need to setup whole
> system on the same partititon ?
>
> Thanks...

Hey, if you're using gmail you will not get a copy of the email from the list
back to you.  Gmail cuts it off as a duplicate, evidently.  You don't need to
send the email three times, it made it.  That is unless you DO get an error
back.

I'm not sure I'd see it as an "upgrade" but it may be possible.  You would
probably be better off rebuilding, because you would be replacing 100% of the
binaries.
either way, I'd do a backup of my home directory, and any other app
directories before I tried.  Of course having a full backup of the system
would be the best route.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.