Q: howto find xorg leak?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Thu Apr 12 22:07:28 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 April 2007 4:30 pm, D. R. Evans wrote:
> looks at the process working set, and because of the way that xorg works,
> even though the leak is really in the calling program, it actually evinces
> itself in the xorg process.

I wonder how a calling program could make the xorg process leak.  I'm not
saying that isn't what's happening, but I can't think of a scenario that
would allow that to happen.

Anyway, my bet would be on a video driver.  Especially if you're using either
the ATI or the NVIDIA drivers.

But no, I have no idea how to root out the culprit either.
--
D. Michael McIntyre