Re: Can´t turn off power-saving?

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 05:34:56 UTC 2007

Assuming that your xorg.conf is correct, commenting or deleting out the
"Option DPMS" line should turn off power saving on your monitor while still
retaining the other settings that you want (resolution, color depth, etc.).
Create a backup of your xorg.conf, open your xorg.conf (type: "sudo kate
/etc/X11/xorg.conf"), comment or delete the "Option DPMS" line, and then
restart xserver.  It may not work if you just comment or delete the line.
In that case, keep the line commented out and add this to your xorg.conf:

Section "ServerFlags"
     Option "blank time" "0"
     Option "standby time" "0"
     Option "suspend time" "0"
     Option "off time" "0"
EndSection

The above options under "ServerFlags" tell the server to never do anything
related to power management.

Andrew Jarrett