suspend and scheduled resume

Fred Schaer fred.schaer at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 9 09:54:22 UTC 2007

Well,

Reason I'm asking is that I bought for my girlfriend a windows computer
with some TNT TV card (leadtek winfast something) : I know for sure that
the card wakes up the computer when using the remote, I guess it's using
wake on PCI.

But I was really really really surprised when I try to schedule a
recording, then suspend the computer : the beast is waking up a few
seconds before the recording starts...

I even tried to "start -> stop the computer" (i.e : motherboard soft
off) : the computer also booted alone and started to record...
I don't know if that's the PCI TV card that's waking up the PC, but
that's for sure something cool ;)

I knew of the bios events that allow scheduled wake up, and indeed I'm
wondering if these can be programmed from within linux ...