Recent documents

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Sat Apr 7 19:52:11 UTC 2007

On Saturday 07 April 2007 15:01:43 andrew wrote:
> Is there a file which lists recently opened documents as in Windows
> XP. I was reading a .pdf which I downladed and read directly and I
> cannot find it in my browser history or home.
>
> andrew heggie

Funny, I was looking for just the same thing yesterday. There's two options
available to you: Either as a Panel Applet or as an entry in your K Menu.

First you need to bring up the panel menu. To access it I find it easiest to
click on a panel spacer (can appear as a dotted line with an arrow at the
top). The easiest one to access is the one that separates your taskbar from
your system tray. On the menu that appears select Panel Menu. To add the
Recent Documents applet select the Add Applet To Panel option and search for
Recent Documents. To add the Recent Documents menu option, click Configure
Panel > Menus on the right side there is a select list with a number of
optional menus one of them is Recent Documents. Select it and click Apply,
OK.

I don't know how to change the number of items that appear in that list.

hope this helps

-- chris