on-screen display program/command?
johndecarlo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:47:19 UTC 2007
On 4/6/07, Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did a search for 'osd' (on screen display). May help:
> ~:$ acs osd
> osdsh - Overlays your screen with various system information
Very nice, Donn. Here is what "aptitude show osdsh" returns:
State: not installed
Maintainer: Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org>
Uncompressed Size: 201k
Depends: tk8.4 | wish, libapm1 (>= 3.2.0-7), libc6 (>= 2.3.4-1), libxosd2
Description: Overlays your screen with various system information
OSDsh is a a little program that overlays system information using the XOSD
library. OSDsh was
originally based on osdd and provides features like:
* It is able to display a clock.
* Shows the volume levels of the soundcard when changing.
* Tells you if you are on- or off-line, and the time you were connected.
* Shows the battery status and
* shows any message you want it to.
Sounds perfect for the OP
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the kubuntu-users