japanese file name not displayed

Ace adeanom at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 22:15:37 UTC 2007

Hi all,

this is my first post to this list. And previously I'm using FC6
before decide to try using kubuntu.

But i found this problem that I still cannot found the answer.

I have some file and directory that written in japanese. This files is
in my ntfs partition (I'm using ntfs-3g) and each time my system
starts all the japanese files and dirs are not displayed...

But when I'm umount and mount it again, they all displayed correctly.

I've tried to modify /etc/fstab and remove nls=utf8 in the option
part. But it didn't change anything, after all it's just a guess ^_^

Is there any idea how to solve this?

this is the entry in /etc/fstab for that partition (I've removed the
nls=utf8 in the option part) :

# /dev/sda5
UUID=3E0CF5160CF4CA43 /media/data     ntfs-3g
defaults,umask=007,gid=46 0       1

TiA

--
       Ade Anom A