Kaffeine - stopped working?

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 13:19:22 UTC 2007

Dunno why this got tacked-onto the Synaptic thread?

> The media player that I use for watching television stopped working for me
> last night (possibly after some updates). When I click on the icon, the
> launch icon bounces up and down for several seconds, then disappears
> without the application being launched. I tried to reinstall kaffeine
> today, but I got an error message that it failed to download. Anyone have
> any suggestions?

Aidan - the best way to troubleshoot is to start Kaffeine from a console.
Alt->F2, konsole, <enter> Then kaffeine <enter>
That will show the errors and give you some way to start troubleshooting.

Otherwise, installed mplayer - it just works! Or VLC Player - also cool.

hth
/d