Backups completely filling root drive.

Claudia Ringwald claudia_ringwald at web.de
Thu Sep 28 07:06:22 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, 26. September 2006 16:37 schrieb Larry Alkoff:
> I have effectively destroyed two Kubuntu 6.0.6 installations while
> attempting to copy to a mounted backup drive using cp -a.

Could it be that you the mount-point is within the space you copy with cp -a?

If so this would result in copying also everything within this mount-point -
not ending (because you are filling this mount point constantly) - unless the
space is totally filled.

This happened to me too some time ago.

If you have the mount-point outside the area you are copying to this point,
there should be no problem.

Claudia