Adept unusable

David Bird obsidion at ihug.co.nz
Tue Sep 26 11:01:17 BST 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 21:58, Grumpy_Penguin wrote:

> Thanks will try
> by the way is there an autologon capability I'm setting this system up for
> a friend [trying to wean him away from win$ux
> AMD 64 bit version

 Ok I don't run that version but assuming similar, system settings login
manager. It isn't good pactice to auto login though, the log in box is a
security feature. If the friend had kids/other people that use the computer
then don't do it. Create accounts for each user instead. If he is the only
user then maybe, however this is linux, you do not need to reboot often
therefore the login which takes seconds only has to occur now and again, not
really a hardship surely.

David

--
Mummy, mummy, "why do I keep running in circles ?" "shutup or I will nail the
other foot to the floor"