Wifi card chipset DB

marcus lists at wordit.com
Mon Sep 25 13:04:28 UTC 2006

Is there an up-to-date database for Wifi cards listed by chipset?
Several people have recommended specific cards, but none of those are
available from shops where I live. The models seem to only be on the
market a few months?

I thought I would look for Orinoco and Atheros chipsets. Those should
work out-of-the-box with Dapper, I hope. Can anyone confirm?

I need a PCMCIA card for a laptop. Is it possible to just plug in a card
and Wifi Assistant of Kwifi will just find the connection, or is that
dreamland?

Thanks,

Marcus