ADSL FREEZES KUBUNTU

Rob Blomquist rob.blomquist at verizon.net
Mon Sep 11 20:45:52 UTC 2006

On Monday 11 September 2006 13:11, Koen wrote:
> You are correct it is a ADSL router and 4 PC can connect to the internet.
> Even under Ubundu it freezed. I tried anything now and the only thing that
> really works on this router is XP without any hassle. I configured my XP in
> 3minutes but Kubuntu is really difficult to setup espesialy if I did
> everything according to the book. What commands can I use in terminal to
> see what is my ip-adresses and routing information? Where do I type in all
> these info under system settings?

You can type ifconfig to get a good bit of info about your connection. The
command route will get you the routing table, both can be used to configure
your connection as root.

You will enter these commands in a console window. the KDE console program is
Konsole, under System in the KDE Menu.

It would be interesting to see output of ifconfig, and route from your
machine. In Konsole, highlight the text you want to copy, and right click
select "copy", then paste it into an email.

To use System Settings, you would enter all the info in Network Settings as
the root administrator. Mine is set up to use my router as the default
gateway, and as the DNS provider.

But the first thing I would check out is the ADSL router. Is it compatible
with Linux, or does it need to be tweaked, thrown out, or worked around?
Query google for answers. Use both the router name and model and the ISP and
linux. You may find answers there.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA