Kontact and KPilot

Ylan Segal ylan.segal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 15:16:14 UTC 2006

Rob Blomquist wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 09:34, Ylan Segal wrote:
>> Rob Blomquist wrote:
>> > I have used KPilot for many years, and have always synced with my PDA
>> > using that. Now it seems, that while KPilot can be configured within
>> > Kontact, Kontact uses Kitchensync to sync to PDAs, and it seems quite
>> > primitive. Is it possible to have Kpilot running in Kontact instead of
>> > Kithensync?
>>
>> Rob,
>>
>> You can indeed use Kpilot from within Kontact, but not through
>> Kitchensync. In Kontact settings, you can select which component to use.
>> Set your preferences there.
>
> I am running Kontact 1.2.3, with KDE 3.5.4, and I see no way to get
> Kontact to use KPilot rather than Kitchensync. Can you tell me where in
> Kontact I have that ability?

On my box, after I installed Kpilot I did the following:

Settings -> Configure Kontact

In the bottom left, you will see a button that says "Select Components". In
that dialog box, you can select which components are part of Kontact.
Select kpilot and unselect kitchensync.

I also added Kpilot to the summary components (on the summary
configuration). This makes kpilot start when Kontact starts and the status
for it is shown in the summary.

--
Ylan