How/Where to get standard TrueType fonts (now solved!)

john d. herron paradox.herron at bluewin.ch
Tue Oct 31 07:25:25 UTC 2006

Thanks, Tez, for your very clear and concise explanation, which worked
beautifully - and thanks to Ian Rose, as well.
Since Adept Help does not work on my box, I'm going to file this one
away for future reference.
As a long-time Windows user, small-business owner and VB programmer who
has for the past eighteen or so months been working (first with SuSE 9.2
and now with Kubuntu 6.06, which I much prefer) at migrating everything
to Linux, I'm still very much a greenhorn, used to working with GUI apps
and tools and not yet much at home with a console or CLI.
So if there's an easier, or better, way to look for and find/install
software, I'd love to learn more about it.
john