Mozilla Suite & Seamonkey

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat Oct 28 17:02:00 BST 2006

Leonard Chatagnier spake thusly on 10/28/2006 05:29 AM:
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:15:45 +1300
>> From: Rebel Lion <obsidion at ihug.co.nz>
>
>> Rebel Lion <obsidion at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:06:21 -0700 (PDT)
>> Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Just discovered that Seamonkey is the new Mozilla
>>> Suite.
>>> It's not available, AFAICT, in Kubuntu.
>>> Will we get it on (K)ubuntu eventually as it is
>>> supposed to get mozilla browser to play embeds
>> which
>>> currently don't play for me.
>>> Any guidance/links on this is appreciated.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Leonard Chatagnier
>>> lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
>>>
>>   You can always install it yourself from the tar.gz
>>
>> Hey RebelLion,
> Thanks for the reply. I may try to compile it but need
> some info before I do as have done so only once and a
> nice person held my hand and walked me through it.

Personally I prefer Firefox and Thunderbird.  Seamonkey reminds me of
Netscape circa 1998.

In any event the tarball that was suggested isn't source code. It's the
binary installer.

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1a/seamonkey-1.1a.en-US.linux-i686.installer.tar.gz

There's also an installer that is just an installer.  It downloads the
rest for you and install it. You can select which components you want.

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1a/seamonkey-1.1a.en-US.linux-i686.stub-installer.tar.gz

--
	Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com