Upgrading from dapper to edgy

Cliff Wade hawkwind at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 00:40:51 BST 2006

On 10/26/06, rashid <rashid786 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 26 October 2006 23:26, Steven Pasternak wrote:
> > Hi! Is there an easy way to upgrade from dapper 6.06 to edgy 6.10
> > without downloading the cd. I am no linux newbie, but I am somewhat a
> > debian newb. I somehow recall being able to replace 'dapper' with 'edgy'
> > (actually was 'sarge' to 'etch' when I last tried) and running some apt
> > command. Is that safe/recommended or should I just use an installer?
> > Thanks! -Steven
>
> Hi Steve
>
> Yep, you can replace all incidences of "dapper" in your
> /etc/apt/sources.list
> with "edgy" then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> An easy way to do that is to paste the following into a terminal window:
>
> sudo sed -e 's/\sdapper/ edgy/g' -i /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> -Rashid

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuUpgrade

You need to do quite a bit more than mentioned above.  If you read and
follow that URL there you should be pretty good to go.

With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo