OOo 2.0.4

Bry Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Sat Oct 21 19:06:12 UTC 2006

--- "Howard Coles Jr." <dhcolesj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed today, sometime after 2.0.4 was released
> that in Dapper I'm still
> running 2.0.2!
>
> Are there any plans on updating OpenOffice.org to
> the latest version for
> dapper that anyone knows of, or am I missing
> something?
>
> I have universe restricted main etc. etc. all the
> *verses enabled including
> backports.
>
> --
> See Ya'
> Howard Coles Jr.
> John 3:16!
>
> http://risenbooks.com Christian bookstore

.04 is a minor but significant release. There are some
major changes and bug fixes. the changes are listed
here
http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.0.4.html

If you're work is not affected by any of these items
you wouldn't gain much of anything. Possibly none of
the bugs affect dapper ..don't know  didn't read them
all.

You CAN install open office from the pacakages at
OO.org but it's a little bit of work.

As Dapper is long term support version I believe we'll
see newer versions in Backports and/or security fixes,
however I don't know if they plan a 2.04 release.

Bryann