adding a debian repository

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Oct 19 14:00:15 UTC 2006

Jeremy Anderson wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I am still messed up here so I decided why not send
> the link to help you help me... lol...

Please don't top-post.

> http://plutohome.com/support/index.php?section=packageDownload&pkid=119
>
> It is the debian package at the very bottom that I am trying to get but
> through a repository.
>
> I am normally not this dumb but for some reason apt-get update keeps
> wanting to put an extra /dist/ in there.

Did you try what I wrote?

http://debsarge.plutohome.com/download/dists/../debian/main/binary-i386/plu
>>to-orbiter_2.0.0.40_i386.deb
>>
>> by using a source of:
>>
>> deb http://debsarge.plutohome.com/download/ ../debian main

I'll be damned if I'm going to try to download a package that doesn't even
contain a proper description - but after adding that line to my sources and
running "aptitude update" it at least finds the "Packages" file and _wants_
to download the package and all it's dependencies.  It can't find
pluto-kernel-upgrade, though, which prevents it downloading anything.  If
it can find the Packages file, the rest (of that repo) should be fine.
--
derek