Kate: spell check, HTMLtidy

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 18:20:22 BST 2006

On 20/10/06, marcus <lists at wordit.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 19 October 2006 19:16, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > In the options for Kate, I do not see where I can choose a spellcheck
> > engine. Can someone verify that this does in fact exist in the
> > current version of Kate (2.5.5)?
>
> It's working in Kate 2.5.2 on Dapper. When you spell check you can
> select the language. I guess you need to install the aspell(?)
> dictionary first.

dotancohen at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install aspell
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
aspell is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.

> I would like to know where KDE gets the language info from. I kept
> searching in Kate, but it just worked. I must have set it somewhere
> because my dictionary is different to the region settings.

Also, regarding Tidy:

dotancohen at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install tidy
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
tidy is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.

Dotan Cohen

http://dugry.com
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/bluetooth.html