Kubuntu on Dell Inspiron 6400

Francisco Borges f.borges at rug.nl
Mon Oct 9 13:53:52 UTC 2006

ยป On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 08:36AM +0200, Orjan Sinclair wrote:

> I am installing Kubuntu on a laptop Dell Inspiron 6400 and basically
> following these instructions for Ubuntu (am not going to worry about
> Compiz etc just yet though);
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=257684&highlight=inspiron+6400
>
> As can be seen the installation refers to intalling i8kutils and gkrellm
> to control fan (something I thought was hardware based I must admit).
> Anyone knows of a KDE replacement for gkrellm? Anyone knows if this is
> really needed?

AFAIK you don't need to install a program to control the fans.

I originally created this page for the Inspiron6400, and some other
people have made a mess of it... but anyway check out this:

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/LaptopTestingTeam/DellInspiron6400

(I'll try to clean this page a bit later tonight)

Cheers,
--
Francisco