Moving data between 2 PCs

Gunner gcarst at
Tue Oct 10 11:17:48 BST 2006

2006/10/10, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at>:
> Thing drives me round the bend. I am trying to do this using a USB flash
> memory and not LAN

well well, not quite easy to guess from your first question..

or easily moved harddisk etc. as I am on 2 laptops. And rsync gave nothing
> (or I have not correctly figured out recursive - it LOOKED like it copied
> but the files are not there)

perhaps you will let us in on, what you are doing, then it is easier to find
out what is wrong.
for example:
which rsync command
and then what ls command (if any (or you are using konqueror )

best greetings