Unable to access DVD

Angus Prune angusprune at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 13:46:20 UTC 2006

Hi,
  When I insert a DVD (Civ IV, if it matters) into my DVD drive (one
of two drives) it appears, and I can mount it, but I can't access it.
I've tried running sudo konqueror and that allows me in so I assume
the problem is with the permissions (the owner is root).  The
permissions are set to:

Owner - veiw and edit
Group - view
Other - Forbidden

I've tried changing these through sudo konqueror btu it won't let me,
giving the following error message in Konsole

----
ScimInputContextPlugin()
KWrited - Listening on Device /dev/pts/2
kded: Launching previous backup analyse.
QObject::connect: No such signal
KIO::SimpleJob::redirection(KIO::Job*,const KUR       L&)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'job')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
QObject::connect: No such signal
KIO::SimpleJob::redirection(KIO::Job*,const KUR       L&)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'job')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
ScimInputContextPlugin()
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
konqueror: WARNING: Profile Loading Error: No orientation specified in
Container       0
QObject::connect: No such signal
KIO::SimpleJob::redirection(KIO::Job*,const KUR       L&)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'job')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header read failed, errno=104
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header has invalid size (-1)
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header read failed, errno=104
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header has invalid size (-1)
kio (KLauncher): ERROR: SlavePool: No communication with slave.
konqueror: WARNING: Failed to create avahi client
----

Thanks for any help
James