K3b is toast right now.

Alastair Preston aprestn5 at telus.net
Mon Oct 2 06:06:01 UTC 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 23:35, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> Last time I used it, it worked great, but today, for some unknown reason it
> will not even load its GUI on my machine.
>
> I used to use the CL to figure out what was bugging a program that would
> not load. But since Ubuntu is configured to not allow that, I have no idea
> how to fix up k3b.
>
> I will take any help, as I am lost.
> --
> Mountlake Terrace, WA

I've had that happen with K3B on both Kubuntu and Mandriva on one of my
machines, particularly if said machine has been running for a while. The
problem never seems to occur on another machine. Restarting X  has usually
got it going again for me .

BTW, to get to a root console with Kubuntu, you can either create a root
password with "sudo passwd root" then use su as in other distros,  or just
use "sudo su"

Al Preston