apt-get ???

Hawkwind hawkwind at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 22:11:30 UTC 2006

On 11/23/06, Chiphazard56 at aol.com <Chiphazard56 at aol.com> wrote:

> Hi All
> I have this recuring problem and now I do'nt know how to sort it out.Itried sudo --configure -a ,but download didn't happen
> I was trying to up grade to Edgy Eft ???. Any help please
> Henjin
> E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily
> unavailable)
> E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is
> another process using it?

Straight from the bot(ubotu) on irc.freenode.net:

try this in konsole: 'sudo fuser -vki /var/lib/dpkg/lock;sudo dpkg
--configure -a'

Probably in your best interest to follow the directions on the following
For upgrading, see the instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes

Have good backups, problems/issues/trouble is bound to happen doing the
upgrade to Edgy.

--
With kind regards,

Cliff Wade (Hawkwind)
Registered Linux User #362532 Registered Kubuntu User #331
http://seerofsouls.com http://linuxfordummies.org http://urpmi-addmedia.org
IRC Channels (irc.freenode.net): #LFD #Kubuntu #Ulteo