Downloading _big_ files: problem, and solution.

Mitch Thompson mitchthompson at satx.rr.com
Tue Nov 21 02:44:34 UTC 2006

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> On Monday 20 November 2006 15:32, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from "Mitch Thompson" <mitchthompson at satx.rr.com> who wrote:
>

>> Since it sounds like the o.p. is downloading the ISO via dialup,
>>

> No, on a 8kB connection
>

>> I would say the the bandwidth of the postal service might be
>> a tad faster ;^).
>>

> You, Young Sir, have obviously never been acquainted with the neauties of the
> postal service of the Republic of Paraguay.
>
> I once received a letter after 17 months in the post; which only came to light
> after there was a fire at the sorting office.
>
> Cheers,

Well, I haven't been called young in a long time, so thanks for that! ;^)

Secondly, sorry for misunderstanding your predicament with regards to
the postal service of your country.

On a more serious note, using wget or even torrent does sound the better
way to go, as it would give you resume capabilities.

--
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire,
a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should