security updates ?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sat Nov 18 23:48:54 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 19:21, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from ac <"aec$news"@candt.waitrose.com> who wrote:

> > There are three ISOs you can download from the website, the desktop CD
> > (LiveCD), the alternate CD (Text Install CD), or the DVD ISO which has
> > both the Desktop live CD/installer and Text mode installer. It also has
> > more packages on the DVD so you don't need to download them to install.
>
> Thanks, useful. Is there a list any where that explains which packages
> are included?

I'm downloading from

http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/ubuntu-iso/DVDs/kubuntu/6.06.1/release.1/

and notice there is in the same directory a kubuntu-6.06.1-dvd-i386.list  file
which I suppose is the list of the available packages.

Cheers,

Ron.

PS 31% down, only 2.4 GB to go...
--
       Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.
                                                  -- Daniel J. Boorstin